[K12OSN] printing and scanning

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Thu Aug 5 01:00:05 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 02:06, Will Hatch wrote:
> I have one printer currently attached to my k12 server, and it works fine; anyone can print from any workstation.  I would like to attach a printer (hp deskjet 930) and a scanner (canon canoscan lide 30).  How is this done? When I boot this selected workstation, should it detect the printer and scanner in some way, so when I use the wizard to set up, the hardware has been noticed? Thanks all!
Three steps needed to attach a working printer to a workstation
accessible by all:
1. Fix the IP assignment  for the work station in dhcpd.conf
2. Configurations in lts.conf
3. Setup printer on server as jetdirect printer on WS-IP:9100

Make sure to restart the service dhcpd and print system (cups of lpd).
Detailed instruction already on ltsp site.

If this can be done the fly...I doubt.

HTH
--
Sudev Barar