[K12OSN] Fedora Core 2's i2o Support

Matthew Ross mross at esd165.org
Fri Aug 6 17:53:03 UTC 2004

Greetings.

I am attempting to update my k12ltsp server, and I have a new (well, new to me
at least) Adaptec AAR-2400A i2o ATA raid card. I intend to use this to have a
raid-1 of the system drive. This should also increase performance as the card
is a true scsi raid controller.

Unfortunetly, there are some problems with getting this card to work with
Fedora. There are some instructions on the web on how to manually setup the
card. See here:

http://i2o.shadowconnect.com/fedora.php

But, it appears that the K12LTSP kernel is different than the one avaliable on
the CD in the RPM directory. When I try to insmod the i2o_proc.ko driver,
dmesg reports that the kernel version mismatch.

Is there some place where I can get the kernel used for K12LTSP 4.1 Beta 15?
Is it on the CD somewhere and I've just missed it?

Thanks..

--Matt