[K12OSN] X windows fails after period of no use

Ben Nickell twinprism at athena.physics.isu.edu
Mon Aug 9 19:07:43 UTC 2004

Tim Scholten wrote:

> Hi
> I am setting up k12ltsp at a private school, every thing is up and
> running. Except that when the terminal sits with no activity it will
> display a screen of text, the messages on the screen is the exact as
> when the first boots right before X window comes up.
>
> It will sit forever like this,  until some one presses a key and it
> will return to X Windows
> The screen does first go black(monitor is not in standby mode), then
> after 5-10min the text will appear

Hi,

I have a K12ltsp 4.0.1 server that does this as well.  This server was
upgraded via CD's from K12ltsp 3.0.2 <? I think>.

I haven't really looked into it because it hasn't bugged my users much
and they haven't complained, but I can troubleshoot if someone gives me
suggestions where to look.

Maybe power management/screensaver?

Ben