[K12OSN] Open Office Slowness

Shane Stafford staffords at glenburn.net
Tue Aug 10 13:40:05 UTC 2004

good morning

We have kinda of an urgent situation.  We are running a Summer Tech
Academy next week to train our faculty.  We are focusing on LTSP for all
classes K-6.  We ran our computer lab on LTSP 3.x last year and the
computer teacher loved it.

Here is the problem, Open Office menus are pulling down very very slow.
Once in a screen it performs ok.  But the mouse movement and reaction of
the pull downs is terrible.   We did not see this last year.  The server
is a new one, but same model and specs as last years model.
We are now running 4.0.1.

any ideas?  We are pretty much a full blown LTSP school, but I know the
teachers won't stand for this kind of performance.  What is different?
thanks
Shane

Shane Stafford, MCSE, MCT
Director Information Services Glenburn School and Town
Educational System Integrator/Network Engineer
S & B Consulting