[K12OSN] bootable nic

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Wed Aug 11 11:48:52 UTC 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 06:36:36AM -0400, Mark Gumprecht wrote:
> What is a bootable nic that works out of the box? I ordered 10 intel
> 1000mt cards that start to boot then kernel panic because they seem to
> lose themselves. I'm sure there is a solution, but time is short! I'm
> running 3.1.2
> Thanks

These worked fine for me.  Stuck them in a number of old machines.:
http://www.disklessworkstations.com/cgi-bin/web/100003.html?id=juYguHdq
Note: these are 100MBIT cards. Not 1000.

This endorsement is based on past experience.  Things change.

--
Linux/Open Source.  Now all your base belongs to you, for free.
Idealism:  "Realism applied over a longer time period"