[K12OSN] Rom-o-matic OT

Timothy Legge tlegge at rogers.com
Fri Aug 13 21:27:10 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 10:46, Josiah Ritchie wrote:

> > Most users will start with the zdsk, possibly graduate to zpxe and do a
> > post graduate degree in zrom (require an eprom programmer or some
> > specific NICs and eproms).
> >
> > Most of the other formats are fairly specalized.
>
> The .iso and liso are considered specialized? I'm assuming they burn to
> a CD and boot up like a floppy would?

Yes, I have never used them therefore... ;-)  Of course since many
people may not have eproms or a programmer one could consider zrom
specialized.

Someone mentioned adding etherboot to a bios (zroms can also be used for
this), see:

http://wiki.etherboot.org/new/pmwiki-1.0.0/pmwiki.php/Main/PuttingEtherbootIntoYourBIOS

Tim