[K12OSN] Keyoard layout on 4.1.0 terminals

k12ltsp at trinityschool.org.uk k12ltsp at trinityschool.org.uk
Sat Aug 14 23:07:36 UTC 2004

Olle Niit <olle at paalalinn.com> wrote:

> So this is the story:
>
> I use Estonian keyboard, so in lts.conf I modified lines:
> XkbSymbols = "ee(pc101)"
> XkbLayout  = "ee"
>
> So server works fine even without modifying anything.
> And terminal works fine too when I type username and password.
> After loging in there is pure us layout.
> Temporarily I can change layout when with I run System settings -
> Keyboard and point in Estonian and click OK. But it requires root
> privileges and I can't tell it anyone.
>
> What to change and where?
>
> in us layout ]';[ keys are
> in ee layout oaou all whit dots or tildes.
>
> Second Question, not very important:
> And where comes these logout delays somethimes? In 2 servers even in
> terminals and server. Even when root user logs off from graphical
> desktop. No allways, but somethimes delay is long. If delay exist. I
> think 10 seconds to 60 seconds. But mostly is all ok - no delay. I
> installed KDE environment too in both servers, but never used them.
>

> Olle Niit
> Viljandi Valuoja Elementary School

Hi

I have never been able to change the keyboard layout in the lts.conf file, so
I use xmodmap

There maybe a better  way in 4.1, but if you use the xmodmap command:-

xmodmap /usr/share/xmodmap/xmodmap.ee

you can run it in terminal or it can be put in the /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions in
each of the sessions ie icewm gnome and kde. My icewm session reads:-

#!/bin/bash
if [ -f /etc/profile.d/ltsp-esound.sh ]
then
	. /etc/profile.d/ltsp-esound.sh