[K12OSN] Adding Chinese language fonts

Kristin Shoemaker kshoemaker at maldenpubliclibrary.org
Sat Aug 21 23:17:36 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Please forgive me if this is something totally obvious... I haven't my K12LTSP server in front of me to try to muck around and find it myself... And I'm a bit of a newbie with Linux anyway.

I would like to install Chinese language characters (both simplified and traditional, if possible)  to be default on one user account on the K12LTSP system. I know how to switch languages and make it default from the login screen, but it appears as though I don't have either set of fonts installed. How exactly do I do that? Is there an RPM I can get that will handle this? Any additional steps?

I use SuSE at home, and it's *just* different enough from Fedora that I'm fumbling a bit with the control panel.

take care
Kristin

Kristin Shoemaker
Reference/Systems Librarian