[K12OSN] How to remove blackjack from student computers?

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 08:13:47 UTC 2004

You could probably do it with synaptic & do a search for "game," but
I'm a command-line guy.  Here's how I'd approach the problem:

Where is blackjack anyway?

   $which blackjack
   /usr/bin/blackjack

OK.  What package has blackjack?

     $rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/bin/blackjack
     gnome-games-2.4.0-3

Got it.  Now let's remove it:

     $rpm -e gnome-games

--
Jay Pfaffman                           <pfaffman at utk.edu>
Asst Professor of Instructional Technology, U. TN, Knoxville