[K12OSN] nautilus

bimal pandit bimalp at indoasian.com
Mon Aug 23 05:15:17 UTC 2004

dear Les and Will

make a file

/usr/share/applications/gnome-nautilus.desktop

with the following entries as

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Home Folder
Comment=View your home folder in the Nautilus file manager
TryExec=nautilus
Exec=nautilus
Icon=gnome-home.png
Terminal=0
Type=Application
Categories=Application;Core;X-Red-Hat-Base;
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Bugzilla=GNOME
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Product=nautilus
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Component=
X-Gnome-Bugzilla-OtherBinaries=nautilus-adapter;nautilus-content-loser;nautilus-sidebar-loser;nautilus-text-view;nautilus-throbber;
Encoding=UTF-8
X-Desktop-File-Install-Version=0.3
OnlyShowIn=GNOME;

this will do all for you!!, yes you can make changes in this too like
lang,terminal,icon etc. to suit your requirement.

now check the main menu it will be there

NOTE :- i am using RH9, further you can just cut and paste...