[K12OSN] Connect to remote desktop on WinXP pro

Timothy Legge tlegge at rogers.com
Wed Aug 25 00:02:19 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 13:39, Krsnendu wrote:
> Can I connect to a remote desktop session on a windows XP computer on
> our LAN?
>
> If so how?

> I am able to connect to the LTSP server from the XP computer but now I
> want to do the reverse.

I have this setup for a user who needs access to simply accounting.  The
windows XP is in the "server room" (read closet) with the ltsp server.

Simply (from memory):

1) Right Click My computer, properties
2) Select the Remote tab
3) Select Allow Remote access
4) Add users
5 ) Go to Linux and run rdesktop -a 16 192.168.2.56 (or what ever)

If Windows XP starts up and immediately closes the connection close the
damn nvidia "helper" service.

It works fine, no additional licenses required since it allows only one
user to connect either local or remote (not both).
Tim