[K12OSN] Accelerated Reader on K12LTSP

Luis Montes luis.montes at cox.net
Sat Aug 28 00:23:46 UTC 2004

I don't see how .Net/Mono will help here.  If  Renaissance Learning
cared about using open standards they already have plenty of ways to
achieve it.  I don't expect every commercial software vendor to support
every version of every platform, but RL's current stance is confusing at
best.

 From there SystemRequirements page:
"Renaissance Place applications are designed for mixed network
environments, such as those running Novell
Netware, Macintosh (Appleshare, Xserve), Windows NT, Windows 2000
Server, Windows Server 2003*, or Linux.
Users simply connect from any Windows or Macintosh workstation with a
browser by entering a server name or IP
address and logging in."

What is that supposed to mean? That its ok for a linux machine to be on
the same network as Accelerated reader?  Wow! what a breakthrough.
Really neat how they fixed tcp-ip like that, good selling point.

I hate to be so negative, but its amazing that a group of software
engineers and educators could put out stuff like that.

Luis