[K12OSN] profile.d question

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Fri Dec 3 19:00:28 UTC 2004

It is Friday, so I get to try and troubleshoot printer problems again.

Speciifically, I am trying to get the script on the wiki.for setting the default printer to work.  I have created the profile.d entry, and the /etc/sysconfig entry.  But, no luck.  If I run lpoptions from a shell, it works fine.  So ... when do scripts in /etc/profile.d get executed and does it depend on what shell the user has defined?  I have also tried the script that uses awk to set the PRINTER variable, but it likewise doesn't work for me.  I am sure the solution is simple, I just can't find it.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School