[K12OSN] access to samba shares from winxp

Debbie Schiel debbie at redeemer.qld.edu.au
Wed Dec 8 01:36:50 UTC 2004

> No what I meant was to have a W2K server on your K12ltsp network, then
> the kids could access the "legacy" - (seems odd to talk about legacy &
> Win in the same sentence ....) app via rdesktop. No need to switch
> anything both Linux & Win would be available from the same terminals.
> BTW there are programs & organizations where you can get a FREE W2K
> license along with the CALS specifically for non-profits.

Ahhh... right... something to investigate next year I think. A W2K will
cost $money$ and we'll have to wait for that (unless I could use an old
PIII?). I also want to look into setting up an 'application' server
(same thing right?). I haven't a clue what that involves just yet. One
step at a time!

http://www.redeemer.qld.edu.au/