[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.2.0 beta #7 & a new mirror

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Sun Dec 12 02:45:30 UTC 2004

The seventh beta build of K12LTSP 4.2.0 has been uploaded.

I still have not been able to reproduce the ISO booting issue
a few have reported. To mitigate the issue, I included a copy
of boot.iso in with the K12LTSP ISOs. It is small, so it doesn't
really hurt much & it can come in handy.

The University of Kentucky was kind enough to donate significant
bandwidth & disk space. I'm in the process of setting them up
as a full mirror (80Gigs of data!). The 4.2.0 beta builds are
fully mirrored & I have the 4.1.1 iso uploaded.

Yum and up2date will now round-robin between k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us
and sunsite.utk.edu for updates & package downloads.

There is a new kernel & a couple other packages in the FC3
testing queue. If the new kernel is released real-soon-now,
I'll include it in one more beta build of K12LTSP. Otherwise,
barring show-stoper bugs, this may be the last beta. Please
give it a spin & report any and all issues.

 	ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/4.2.0/iso/
 	rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::K12LTSP-beta/ .

     http://sunsite.utk.edu/ftp/pub/linux/k12ltsp/
     ftp://sunsite.utk.edu/pub/linux/k12ltsp/

-Eric