[K12OSN] Why 4.1.1

Liam Marshall lsrpm at mts.net
Sun Dec 12 03:17:26 UTC 2004

I use 4.0 now.  I am upgrading my hard drives.  I can either stick with the
version I have, or go up to the next stable version which is 4.1.1   right?

There is nothing wrong with 4.0 except for a few nagging things.  But it is
just as easy to migrate the users and home directories to 4.1.1 as to stick
with 4.0 or nearly so as makes no difference.

So what are the biggest changes between 4.0 and 4.1.1?   What does 4.1.1
offer that 4.0 does not have?

Does it offer anything for student users?  Teachers?  Is it Easier to
administer/update?   Why would I go to this version?

I guess what I am asking is, is there a faq or something that lists the
changes/upgrades/additions between 4.0 and 4.1.1?

thanks in advance