[K12OSN] Another beta test build

Julius Szelagiewicz julius at turtle.com
Thu Dec 16 23:54:50 UTC 2004

> I'm still banging away at the 4.2.0 beta ISO boot issue. The only thing
> that comes to my mind that may make a difference is the ordering of the
> the files on the disks.
>
> I built new ISOs with the RH9 version of mkisofs, and it does indeed put
> the files in a different order. So we'll give this a spin. If you are
> one of the lucky few that has a machine that won't boot off the 4.2.0
> beta CDs, please test this...
>

> 	ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/4.2.0/iso/
> 	rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::K12LTSP-beta/ .
>
> 	http://sunsite.utk.edu/ftp/pub/linux/k12ltsp/4.2.0/iso/
> 	ftp://sunsite.utk.edu/pub/linux/k12ltsp/4.2.0/iso/
>
> -Eric

I actually have a different, big issue: booted from boot.iso, the anaconda
fails to do lvcreate on an adaptec scsi array when non-auto partitioning
is selected. Even when the partitioning goes ok, after the second "bump"
in file system creation bar, the graphical install quits, because it
looses connection to display. the same version worked ok for my laptop.
julius