[K12OSN] What selects IceWM packages?

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Dec 21 17:37:45 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 09:47 -0600, Petre Scheie wrote:
> I'm using the K12ltsp 4.2 beta disks to do a workstation install, because it has
> some niceties installed that the regular RH disks don't, such as IceWM (thanks
> Eric!).  I chose the Workstation option for the installation.  I noticed that it
> gives me the choices of Gnome, KDE, and XFCE, but I saw no mention of IceWM.
> I've never worried about it in the past because I just chose the K12ltsp server
> choice and that always includes IceWM.  In this case I don't want a terminal
> server, but how do I make sure the IceWM stuff gets installed?
>
> Petre

As you note, IceWM is not installed if you do a standard workstation
install. In a terminal server install, IceWM is installed as a
dependency to the k12ltsp-extras package.

If you use apt, up2date, or yum to install k12ltsp-extras, it will
install all of the IceWM packages. Such as:

	yum install k12ltsp-extras

-Eric