[K12OSN] Vidwo Editing Software

First off, Merry Day Before the Night Before Christmas! Secondly, can anyone recommend an Open Source video editing suite similar in function to Adobe Premiere? I'm setting up a Linux-based PC for Christmas and I need, if possible, to be able to access a MiniDV camera via FireWire and make movies a la Windows Movie Maker. Any suggestions?

--

C-ya,
Mark