From: Jim McQuillan <jam mcquil com>
To: Support list for opensource software in schools. <k12osn redhat com>
Sent: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:47:08 -1000
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Sound on Terminals

Rick,

There is some info about sound on LTSP in the new LTSP.org wiki.

Take a look at:

http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/Sound

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Rick O'Dell wrote:

	I have a problem with sound on terminals. I know this has been discussed
before, I guess I missed it. Sound plays fine on the server, and each
workstation will play sound, but It comes through the speakers on the
Server. How do you get each terminal to play sound through Its own
speaker???? I also get an error when I open the volume control, "unable to
open audio device /dev/mixer. Please check that you have permission to open
/dev/mixer and that you have sound support in your kernel". All sounds card
are SoundBlaster PSI..

Rick O'Dell
Net Work Administrator
Bakersfield R4 School Dst.