[K12OSN] Web based school applications.

Crouse-K12LTSP6088 at mailblocks.com Crouse-K12LTSP6088 at mailblocks.com
Thu Feb 26 12:57:07 UTC 2004

I found this today, looked interesting, thought I'd pass it along.
What web based applications do your schools use with K12LTSP ?  I've
ran across others, but don't know what everyone uses in a production
eviroment.

Crouse
www.usalug.org

Kronophobia - a web enabled school calendaring system.
http://kronophobia.sourceforge.net/

[quote]
Kronophobia (otherwise known as Chronophobia - the fear of time)

The aim of this project is to provide an Open Source, web enabled
school calendaring system that is event based, has a lot of features,
is easily and intuitively used and managed and runs on any *NIX system.

Features

- Event management
- Holiday management
- No School days or Break management
- Event Recurrence and approval system
- Opponent/Schools database for meets,sports games,etc.
- external event Contacts
- organizational system for Campuses, Departments, Activities and Groups
- Transportation integration; including buses, drivers and event
assignments
- Facility management; both local and remote
- Equipment organization and checkouts for events
- Custom reporting system with PDF print layouts straight from the web
- User and Group management with complete security customization
- NT, ADS, NIS, etc connectivity through Apache modules for
authentication
- User Preference system
- Included Help documentation
- Event tracking and email follow-ups when event changes
- Parent/Visitor sign up system for event tracking
- Much more...
[/quote]