[K12OSN] old AT keyboards and serial mouse not working

Joe Guenther jguenther at chinooksedge.ab.ca
Tue Feb 24 16:46:01 UTC 2004

Help!!

I am trying to demo the LTSP setup to the computer teacher and principal
.... and of course something does not work.  I have a compaq deskpro with
PS/2 mouse and PS/2 keyboard which works fine.

Another workstation (I hve 22 of these that I wanted to convert to LTSP
terminals) has an AT keyboard - big plug, and serial mouse.  The mouse works
in the BIOS setup.  The BIOS is set to a non-PnP OS.  I can "pause" the boot
at the beginning but then at the X-server login window both keyboard and
mouse are non-existant.

I am using LTSP 4

[ws007]
XSERVER = auto
OR
XSERVER = XF86_S3  (both same result...)
X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL   = "Microsoft"
X_MOUSE_DEVICE     = "/dev/ttyS0"
X_MOUSE_RESOLUTION = 50
X_MOUSE_BUTTONS    = 3
X_MOUSE_BAUD       = 1200

The rest is according to the defaults in LTSP 4.0 with latest updates.

thanks for rescuing me
joe