[K12OSN] OT: Limit Network Access by time

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Feb 25 16:01:04 UTC 2004

We have a dorm on campus here that has full internet access into rooms
24 hours a day.  We had problems with students accessing pornographic
sites (this is a high school dorm) so I built a IPCop Router with
Dansguardian to accomplish content filtering.  Now they are having
problems with students surfing the net all night and being too tired for
class so they want to limit access to the internet by time of day
(Please, no political discussion about why).  Does anyone know a way to
accomplish this with the existing setup?  I would like to totally
disable network access after say 10:00PM and say renable at 6:00AM.  It
is not needed but it would also be awesome to allow the 6 dorm directors
access 24 hours a day based off of their IP or MAC address (somewhat of
an exclusion list).

Thanks

---