Re: [K12OSN] can it authenticate against an external LDAP server?

Linux Listserv said:
> I'm wondering if it's possible to get K12LTSP to authenticate users
> against an external LDAP server (in particular, our OS X LDAP
> server)?  I'd be happy with simply getting the terminals to
> recognize their
> username/passwords so that they can get a desktop.  The next step
> would be figuring out a way to mount their OS X based home
> directories on the Linux boxes.

For kicks, you might try running redhat-config-authentication or
authconfig and picking ldap. Dunno if Apple's Open Directory includes
the proper schemas for this.

Re: home directories, you might be able to NFS mount them. I thought
I'd heard that NFS file locking was broken in older versions of OS X.
Anybody know if this was fixed for 10.3?

-Dan Young
-Parkrose School District