RE: [K12OSN] M$ Cost Comparisons

I agree with Mr. Mayfield.

It is immoral for a proprietary software company to an charge
educational institution astronomical fees when there are quality
alternatives like Fedora (K-12) as-well-as other Linux distributions out
there to be installed.

Here in New Mexico, I have seen schools literally physically falling
apart due to lack of funds. (Some districts do better than others but
they generally have a larger population or tax base.) Yet. I see new
computers running a brand new version of the DarkOS-XP. I know where the
money is going and it irks me to no end.

I believe hard-hit school districts need to slice-and-dice top-level
school executives who advocate anything other than open-source software.

In the short time I have worked with Linux I have learned the true power
of computing and how to use it properly.

Warm regards,
Troy

--
troy banther - avid linux user and advocate
we must become the change we seek - live compassion - go vegan