Re: Sv: Re: [K12OSN] Distributing links

k12osn redhat com writes:
>Hi, I think we are refering to different apps. The one I use is released
>by Centrinity and is a groupware originating from Macintosh.

Actually it's no longer owned by Centrinity....it's owned by OpenText, but
we speak of the same application....most schools in Maine...including the
entire statewide laptop initiative uses FirstClass.

Anyway....make sure you have the latest beta version of the linux client.
I don't distribute it as a desktop link....I have a menu item and a
toolbar item in iceWM....I use the command  /opt/firstclass/fcc  to run
it.  Make sure the permissions are set correctly on your "fcc" file so
that others besides root can use it... mine is set for 755  .  You should
be able to easily create a launcher on root's desktop for FirstClass using
the command I indicated before and then "push" it to all users
desktops....or the easy way is to simply do it in the iceWM menu and it
automatically becomes available to all users.

>But my problem is not with the app. It´s about distribute a link from
>roots desk to other users desk. When I trie using the shortcut on the
>desk aimed for this I get no reaction from the k12lstsp server. Nothing
>happens. I think it´s because of problems with properties. I use the same
>password for both boxes for root account.
>
>Regards   /George

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School