Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP-related webspace

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 15:33, Steve Wright wrote:

> I just built xine for KV4.0 since I couldn't apt-get it..
>
> I'm wondering if we have a contrib area somewhere where we can upload
> these sorts of things - save others the mucking around building such
> things from source..  I am sure there are dozens of little scripts and
> things that would belong in such a place too.
>
> Come to think of it, here is quite a lot that won't apt-get with
> v4.0/FC1..

There are an assortment of repositories around already.  I've used
the one at http://www.freshrpms.net the most but others have
different specialties. There are some problems if you mix
repositories that have packaged different versions of non-core
libraries so it might be best to pick a repository and
stick to it unless someone is willing to mirror one or more
and screen what works together.  However there might be
a good reason to keep the repository that holds the mp3-enabled
versions of programs out of the US.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com