[K12OSN] network card problems

Will Hatch fhkms at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 2 19:29:33 UTC 2004

Paul,

There are two lights on eth0.  One is flashing rapidly, one more slowly.  When the light that is flashing more slowly flashes, it makes the light that is flashing rapidly stay on for just a wee-bit longer.  Where the network cable is attached to my hub, the light is flashing slowly like one of the lights on eth0 on the back of the server.

When I try to input the commands you recommended, in the shell window, it says "command not found".  Do I need to be logged in as root?  How do I log in as root for this purpose.  I have been fooling with the network configuration utility and it asks me for the root password.  I just don't know how to open a login screen for the root.