[K12OSN] xf86config

etajfa at tin.it etajfa at tin.it
Tue Jul 6 17:48:28 UTC 2004

I'm trying to configure an old client and I've having troblems with the
isa video card (cirrus logic gd5422). A soultion could be to create a
complete XF86Config file.
btw - I'm using k12ltsp 4.0.1

/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf.readme says:
  XF86CONFIG_FILE
If you want to create your own complete XF86Config file, you can do so
and place it in the /tftpboot/lts/ltsroot/etc directory.  Then, whatever
you decide to call it needs to be entered as a value for this
configuration variable.  For example:
#
#        XF86CONFIG_FILE = XF86Config.ws004
#

As the /tftpboot/lts/ltsroot/etc directory didn't exist (there is only
/tftpboot/lts) I created it and put XF86Config.ws004 in it.
Then I put the variable in the ws004 section of
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf as shown above.

But the client at boot time gives me an error: auto probe of the video
card failed.
This message shows that it couldn't find the file XF86Confog.ws004, I
suppose.

I then tried copying the file in /etc/X11/ - /opt/ltsp/i386/etc -
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11 - but with the same result.

Any idea?

TIA
Antonello