[K12OSN] Installing K12LTSP to a SATA Hard Disk on theKT600/VT8237Chipset

Matthew Ross mross at esd165.org
Thu Jul 8 15:12:20 UTC 2004

Joe,

As I stated in my previous email, it is a SuperMicro 5013C-MT. You can
get a look at the box and it's attributes here:

http://www.flytech.es/Supermicro/Productos/Servidores/Servidor%20Supermicro%205013C-MT.htm

The Bios reports the SATA card as a Adaptec 1230XS or something close to
that. I have learned that Adaptec has done the bios work for Marvell,
but the chipset and driver should be for the same Marvell.

We use a 3ware card in our backup server. That is an excellent card. The
installer for it's programs is a bit buggy, but once you get it running
it's quite easy to use. It's also nice to know that it emails me and my
cell phone when A) a drive fails, B) when my hot-swap drive kicks in,
and C) when it finised rebuilding the 2 Terabyte array.

--Matt