[K12OSN] audio redux?

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Tue Jul 13 22:30:17 UTC 2004

Is there a more complete HowTo on getting audio to work?  I've
k12ltsp.org'd, I've googled, I've archived.
I'm the kinda guy that likes a checklist, and some params.
Can someone say definitively, "if you have these files, in these locations,
configured thusly, then audio should work"?

I know, I know, "go back to Microsoft" they shout in unison.

But seriously...

I've got a Gateway E1000 with an Ensoniq 1730 (1370?) I know I picked the
right one in the conf file.
Or a NIC.  (New Internet Computer)

And I can't get MP3's or CD's to play on either.

BTW, how do you get a CD on the thin client to mount?  It would be really
cool to be able to stick a CD in there and copy files to the server, or
whatnot, but I can't figure out how the mount command would work.

Thanks again.

(If I've worn you out with the newbie stuff, just holler at me.  FYI, I'm
just experimenting with K12LTSP right now, but after I get comfortable with
it, I do plan on pimping it to schools and other orgs that I come in
contact with.  I think it's incredible, appropriate technology that meets a
real need that people have.)

ck