[K12OSN] problems during bootup

Dale Harkness dharkness at nsd2.com
Thu Jul 22 18:01:07 UTC 2004

Hopefully someone out there can help me.

We are running into an issue with client machines that have onboard NIC
cards.  the bios they have does not allow to disable the onboard NIC
card, so we simply unplug them.  we installed some Intel Pro 100
bootable network cards (PCI based) into the machines....they begin to
boot.....get to a point and error out saying that "no dhcpd-eth0.info
file" is available for the client.  all the machines are the same model
(Toshiba Equium 7100S) with the same PXE network card in them.  i know
it is not my LTSP server because we hooked a COmpaq Deskpro with the
same model NIC to it and it worked fine.  I have a feeling it is the
onboard NIC that is causing a problem, even though it is unplugged.  i
can also see during the startup that it is trying to install the wrong
NIC driver for the Intel, it is actually installing for the 3Com onboard
card (3c905 driver)  Help me if anyone can.....thanks in advance.

dale