[K12OSN] internet content filtering

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Tue Jul 27 18:00:13 UTC 2004

Shawn,

Huck is using redhat 7.something...
with squid and dansguardian...with caching...
with a 20 or 30 gig  IDE HD that fills up quite regularly during the
school year...(haven't tweaked or played with it much)
I like it when my systems are built and require little to no maintenance...
it is a P3 600 with 128 megs of ram...
it is also a firewall/gateway machine...and does ip masquerading and dhcp

oh and the version of DG I'm using is whatever was out there in 2001
when I built this box out... =)
Have done no upgrades except 'up2date'...and I don't use the AV plugin
either ...

dansguardian at yahoogroups.com  is what DG uses for it's listserv-like thing.

I subscribe but usually just end up deleting about 50 mails a day
without reading them...*shrugs*
every now and again one of interest comes up...
Here is one of the interesting ones I kept:

<quote>
DG 2.6.1 & SmoothWall install guide is here: http://projects.elmadera.com

DG 2.7.7 + AV pligin 4.3 & SmoothWall install guide is here:
http://community.smoothwall.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8071

</quote>

Enjoy =)

--Huck