[K12OSN] Several Different Questions

Michael Elliott melliott at rpmhealthstop.org
Wed Jul 28 20:58:44 UTC 2004

Petre,
I attempted to make the changes but my fingers go ahead of me earlier
when I said that I checked iptables in /etc/sysconfig.  I do not have
the file iptables, I have iptables-config and there is nothing in the
file that resembles the line that you posted.  So - I created a file
called iptables and added the one line for port 80 and attempted to
restart the iptables service - I received a failed message.  I typed
"whereis iptables" thinking that I may be lost in the directory, but the
only other one is in /sbin.... and is machine code.  So - I apologize
for the misdirection earlier - hopefully though I am on the right path.
Thanks!

Jim,
Are you able to connect to your LTSP clients using VNC?  I tried using
the VNC Viewer to one of the LTSP Client IP addresses, and I just kept
getting timeouts.  I can ping the IP addresses, but I can't seem to get
the VNC to work on the client IP's.  It seems like I should be able to
VNC the LTSP Server and specify which desktop, but I am assuming that
LTSP works as like a virtual desktop of the server.

Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.  I'll check in with
you guys tomorrow!

Mike