[K12OSN] Do I miss something ? part2

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Tue Jun 1 00:40:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 03:24, Pete wrote:
> As far as I can see you have to make sure that a certain terminal gets
> the same IP number each time (DHCP & mac address)
> and then you can tweak certain thing in lts.conf... no?
Well instead of fixing IP you can make workstation section based on the
MAC address of client in the lts.conf But the diversity of clients would
need a minimal tweaking. Or as suggested change all cards to ones that
are recognisable by X without problem (autodetected)

> In my opinion this gets ugly quite fast, is there a better way?
Add a comment line before each workstations section to identify the workstation. This is possible in both dhcpd.conf as well as lts.conf so that any time changes occur you are able to "relate".
> Example I got 10 clients with a cirrus video card and 10 with another card.
> If I set the XSERVER = cirrus
> 10 pc work fine the 10 other are blank.
> when I change the setting to auto
> The other 10 pc's do work...
> So this means 10 entries and 10 fixed DHCP leases?
If you are using 4.0 onwards there is a command setting "LIKE" where you can point the lts.conf workstation section to similar workstation without doing detailed configuration.

--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux