[K12OSN] Tell me why this doesn't work

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Mon Jun 7 23:33:50 UTC 2004

Tell me why this doesn't work...one server....two nics.....one nic goes to
a 192.x.x.x network which is directly connected to an LTSP server and so
forth.  Nic #2 is connected to the 10.x.x.x network which is predominantly
Windows.   /home is exported via NFS to the LTSP box.  The LTSP box is set
up to auth to the server in question.  Server is also PDC for Windows
(Samba) domain.  So....what's the need for Samba/LDAP?  If everything
co-exists on one machine is Samba/LDAP necessary?  I'm not knocking
Samba/LDAP.....I'm running it and plan to keep doing so, but I'm
wondering.....

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School