[K12OSN] Re: 1st try samba/ldap = (missing perl Net::LDAP and perl Net::LDAP::LDIF)

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Fri Jun 18 14:29:11 UTC 2004

Yes installing the rpms was the trick.

I got it stuck in my head that this part was done and verified at the
cpan prompt. At some point I'd like to know why the mods show at cpan
but still had to install rpms, but as long as it works...

Next

Everything went smoothly through step 14.

At step 15 I realized that the LDAP server not announcing it's self to
the lan but had to stop for the night. (I'm sure it's just some random T
not crossed or maybe an i not dotted)

This is looking real good David!!! You da Man.

I'll need to start looking into how to replace wins and move dhcp also.

- john