[K12OSN] Sound on Mac Thick Clients [SOLVED!!!]

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Sat Jun 19 20:52:24 UTC 2004

k12osn at collinsoft.com wrote:
> What network cards are you using in the 5500s?

Oh wow... I dunno.  I can look on Monday, but they're whatever Apple
shipped them with.  They are not standard PCI NICs (which do also work,
as the 5500s have one PCI slot available) but rather they are the
proprietary slotted NICs that are apple branded something-or-other.

If memory serves, they are a tulip based card -- but I'm not sure.  I'm
also not sure of the name of the proprietary slot either, it's not NUBUS
(which is what the 5260s have) but I'm not sure the name of it.

If you want I can look more in depth on Monday, and even take pictures.
:o)  Just lemme know.

-Shawn