[K12OSN] Re: Too upgrade to Fedora Core 2 thats question

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Wed Jun 23 03:11:56 UTC 2004

Glen,

I used the samba and ldap that came with WBEL Respin 1

[root at littlewhite root]# rpm -qa | grep ldap
nss_ldap-207-10
openldap-servers-2.0.27-11
openldap-devel-2.0.27-11
openldap-clients-2.0.27-11
openldap-2.0.27-11
smbldap-tools-0.8.5-1
[root at littlewhite root]# rpm -qa | grep samba
samba-client-3.0.2-6.3E
samba-3.0.2-6.3E
redhat-config-samba-1.0.16-1

I installed:
perl-Convert-ASN1-0.18-0.rhel3.dag.noarch.rpm
perl-Crypt-SmbHash-0.02-2.noarch.rpm
perl-Net-LDAP-0.2701-1.dag.rhel3.noarch.rpm

I installed directory_administrator-1.5.1-1.i386.rpm after building from
the source rpm.

For the most part I followed David's instructions. If you use ver 0.8.5
of the smbldap-tools read the change log.

I downloaded the documentation at Idealx on smbldap-tools and
smbldap-how-to. very useful.

I used their perl script /user/share/doc/smbldap-tools/configure.pl It
configured most of the smbldap.conf based on my already working smb.conf
but I still needed to tweak it.

I also installed perl modules via CPAN as per David's How-to and
installed the gnome-devel packages to satisfy the dependencies when
installing directory_administrator. Verdict still out on this tool.

John

John,  just bought a copy of Red Hat Enterprise Linux to evaluate for
$50.00 the price is hard to beat.  I am installing it now.  Did you
build your own samba installation or do you use a rpm install with wbel?
Because, I am currently using a RPM from the Samba site version 3.04 for
Red Hat 9.  I will see if Redhat update updates there Samba to that
version.

Thanks
-Glenn