[K12OSN] Re: K12OSN Digest, Vol 4, Issue 101

xyz xyz babaliciouse at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 19:26:21 UTC 2004

I guess i could create a link on the desktop to the
shares that the specific users can access to avoid
having them BROWSE. It would make sense to set the
links up by group - i'm guessing i need to create some
kind of template script for each group and as i add
users to this group it will make all the relevant
links for the users of that group. As for NIS - I
shall be sure to check that "getent" when i get back
to the office - i'm not quite sure i understand how
NIS is helping my problem of needing to access all the
users from server 2 which is the ltsp server for all
the terminals. If i connect from a terminal to the
ltsp server (2)  with a user name that exists on
server 1 - NIS will allow me to loggon??????

=== message truncated ===