[K12OSN] Re: Ignorance is bliss..but this is outrageous...

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 27 23:48:42 UTC 2004

>at one of the schools I support..there is a decision being made to
>incorporate 'FLASH' into the computer curriculm...
>

>The worst part is the people involved in making the ultimate decision
>and providing the teaching currently have zero experience with Flash or
>any sort of Web page design.
>
>How would you go about nipping this in the bud given the decision isn't
>yours?

Not sure this is relevant, but an interesting article ...
http://tim.oreilly.com/opensource/paradigmshift_0504.html

I especially like this part ...

'''
"How many of you use Linux?" I ask. Depending on the venue, 20-80% of the
audience might raise its hands. "How many of you use Google?" Every hand in
the room goes up. And the light begins to dawn. Every one of them uses
Google's massive complex of 100,000 Linux servers
'''