[K12OSN] Re: Java font uglyness

Hi Eric,

Yes, I see this problem often. My old Redhat9 boxes, new Fedoras and Debian boxes all display many Java text boxes like this. I know that my older RH7.3 box that I just dumped didn't show this at all??? or at least as often. I occassionally send students to a cool online visusal thesaurus at:

http://www.visualthesaurus.com/online/index.html

and it does the same now- that is clip off the line of text. I know that a year ago the text box on the upper left of the link above used to be normal on 7.3.

I don't know if I could be sure that I've ever seen anti-aliased text in Java apps. Usually I see games being played...

The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/bcomm&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca