[K12OSN] Groupware, E-Smith, and More...

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Mon Mar 1 16:51:03 UTC 2004

"Santiago, Nicholas" <nsantiago at caclv.org> wrote:

Are there any good open-source groupware solutions out there for SME/Linux,
or should I just use a commercial solution like MeetingMaker?
<<

Nick, there's lots:

There are public and private calendar add-ons for Suirrelmail
(http://www.squirrelmail.org/) - this might be of interest if you want a
web-based mail client to replace Outlook anyway.

Specifically for schools, there;s Kronophobia
(http://kronophobia.sourceforge.net/). Somebody mentioned this - I think on
this list - recently, and while I haven't tried it, it certainly looks
impressive.

Finally, there are calendar features in groupware and wiki products. The
one that I'm currently using is Tiki Wiki (http://www.tikiwiki.org)..

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]