Re: [K12OSN] Retrieve DVD Player via Yum

Les Mikesell wrote:
On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 23:10, Les Bell wrote:

I've been having quite good results with Ogle; I didn't do anything special
about DeCSS, so it must have been one of the standard packages I grabbed to
install it. See http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/ (Oh, yeah - I see
the reference to libdvdcss on the Ogle site. No problem installing it,
though).

The videolan client/server might be a nice fit for k12ltsp.  You
would want the client running as a local app on the terminal
and the multicast mode of the server if you wanted to drive
more than a few screens.   The client as a local app would
be able to play DVD/VCD/SVCD format on the desktop too.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com

OK, let me chime in on this one. About a year ago I "tried" to get Ogle to work on the server but didn't have success. Now I realize it was probably the DeCSS library... BUT, on to my question...

How can I make it so that the teacher can use the DVD drive on the server to show movies to her class? She will have access to an LCD projector, so I'll just attach the projector to the server and display it from there.

-- =========================================================== Richard K. Ingalls Director of Information Technology Glenwood R-8 School District West Plains, MO

email..ringalls at glenwood.k12.mo.us
web....glenwood.k12.mo.us
ph.....417.256.4849