[K12OSN] LDAP authentication on K12 ltsp 4

As a beginner, I have not succeeded to use our LDAP-server for user authentication. Instead, I managed to make myself unable to log in as root...
What file, where and what should be there in that file?
Sorry to write this kind of stupidity, but I have a server working and migrating from Win95/98 to LTSP depends only on this thing (primary school 320 pupils, 30 adults, all have user acounts on the LDAP alreay - by the way, I'äm the enthusiastic principal, not the IT support. So, the good thing is, on't have to convince the headmaster :)
Sorry about my poor English and Linux skills!

Mikko Jordman, Siltamäki Primary School, Helsinki Finlnd