Re: [K12OSN] bandwidth mercy...

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 16:27, ssanders coin org wrote:

> [....] it will help the bandwidth of the server, and for the poor mortals (i am
> one) that occasionally have to read this list via dialup...
>
> if there is a response to a message with 40 lines of quoted msg, and a
> one-line reply? (and then replies to replies) it represents redundant
> bandwidth wasteage (again).
>
> if we leave enough of a reply to make it relevant then dump/snip the
> rest, it would ease the bytes sent, no matter what the connection.

 Those with a GUI please try out the key combination "shift-ctrl-end"
followed by the delete key.  This will instantly remove all text below
the cursor.  Take some care of the ctrl-alt-del key combo however, as
your email will not be sent!

 Here in rural New Zealand,  electric stock fencing wreaks havoc with
dialup, so I have been where you are at (I have ADSL now and the relief
is palpable.)

 Care during presentation is easily and readily perceived as care for
the reader, and a little bit of that goes a long way.

best,
Steve