[K12OSN] spread the love

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin at snet.net
Tue Mar 9 18:17:00 UTC 2004

Recently Novell had sent me two Suse Pro 8.2 box sets.  Since I had two,
and the school really wasn't using either, I gave one to a student who
is interested in computers, etc.
Another students then asked for the cool software I had given the first
one.  Instead I gave him a copy of K12 3.1.2.  Hopefully we'll see him
on the list soon.  I figure a student trying to learn about Linux will
do far better if he becomes exposed the the excellent support and great
humor/patience exhibited on this list than on some corporate list.  The
Suse list get's so much traffics that it's insane, anyway.
Who knows, these kids could be the future of Linux.
There's not too much I can do for the OSS community, since I'm a
relative newb, but I sure do enjoy spreading the love!
I've also given away several Openoffice.org CDs in the past two weeks
for students who needed presentation software for projects that I assigned.

tony
--
Anthony Baldwin
http://www.School-Library.net