RE: [K12OSN] RSYNC Question

Title: Message
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
-----Original Message-----
From: k12osn-admin redhat com [mailto:k12osn-admin redhat com] On Behalf Of Spencer, John
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 12:15 PM
To: 'k12osn redhat com'
Subject: RE: [K12OSN] RSYNC Question

The man page is very helpful, below is what I do:

rsync -avcz -e ssh $Sourcehost:/$path $destinationhost:/$path

a = archive  **backup mode
v = verbose  **good to not use when being run as a cronjob or as an unattended script, ie 'rsync -acz'
c = checksum  **verify packets don't change in transit
z = compress  **decrease network bandwidth needed for use
e = specify protocol to use, I prefer ssh to envrypt the packet traffic