[K12OSN] Touch Monitor

Daniel Button button at gti.net
Wed Mar 10 22:28:26 UTC 2004

Hi,

	I have decided to throw in the towel and ask if somebody out there can
help.  I have an IBM G70t touch monitor that I am trying to get working.
The video works great, but the touch part is not coming up.  Thanks to jam,
I was able to get the serial port working that was needed.

	Below is the config that I have in my lts.conf.

[workstation21]
	XSERVER		= auto
	LOCAL_APPS		= N
	USE_NFS_SWAP 	= N
	SWAPFILE_SIZE 	= 96m
	RUNLEVEL		= 3
	MODULE_01		= serial
	USE_TOUCH		= Y
	X_TOUCH_DEVICE 	= /dev/ttyS0

Below is part of the error message that I copied down from the screen.

"Not at the specified rate or model 2310, will continue
Unable to ask Elographics touchscreen identification"

The log shows that the elographics module is loaded.  The log also shows
that there appears to be a conflict between the PS/2 mouse and the touch
screen.  (As a side note, does anybody know how to get the log off of the
client onto the server?  No FTP.)  I tried to make my own XF86config file,
but obviously failed.  I don't understand enough of the syntax to make it
work.  I was able to get the module to load and X to come up, but the touch
screen would not be active.

	So, I am asking for someone to take pity on me and give me some ideas on
what I am doing wrong.  Anybody have any ideas???

Thanks for the help!!

Dan