Re: [K12OSN] Hey hey......big question

Its always a good idea to do a 'diff passwd oldpasswd' to note the changes. I generally only bring over users and groups with uid/gid greater than 500 (generally where the real users start). I would be a lot more cautious if moving between distros or between major versions.

Paul Davison

Caleb Wagnon wrote:

I've been migrating my passwd,shadow,and group files from my old ltsp server.
Am I messing up? Perhaps there have been special users added for something in
the new ltsp that my old server didn't have?